Wednesday, June 10, 2015

"Snow Globes" By: E. Jameson

I sometimes wish I lived inside a snow globe.
One with clear glass, on a calm shelf,
With a beautiful center piece covered in white snow.

I could look out on the world, 
And think to myself,
"I pity them, for they do not know the serenity of being in a snow globe."

"Its so peaceful," I would say "up here by my-self, looking out and watching the lives of others.
Not a care in the world,
For I live,
In a snow globe."

There would be no pain.
No strife.
Only little white flakes,
Forever swirling around.
But never will it be cold.

For I will live in a snow globe.

Some would contradict however,
Saying silly things about my silly ways.
Saying that I'm childish,
Or that I need to live in the real world.

But I will merely retort back and I quote:

"I Pity you.
For you are so closed minded.
That you will never see,
The serenity,
Of living in a snow globe."

I would say," come sit with me,
My bustling, busy friend."

"Come sit with me,
And you will see,
The serenity that I have come to live in,
living in a snow globe."

So then, 
Up on my little shelf,
With my little friend,
 I would watch the people go in what ever little shop my snow globe lives in.

And one day,
I'm sure of it,
One day;

A little girl,
Who looks around the quaint shop I call home with not a care in the world,
Will stop and look at my little snow globe world.
Though no matter how we wave and say hello,
She will merely retort back, and I quote:
 " I pity them,
Siting there all alone."

She would say," So closed minded,
Of the life they could live.
Of the excitement they could have,
Instead of siting there; and watching the world pass by."

The young girl would end the statement, I know it, saying:
"So I pity the little people,
On the small shelf,
In this quaint  shop,
 Who live In the little snow globe."




No comments:

Post a Comment